Calendar Year 2012 & 2013
AKU MC alumni globally are invited to become members. AKUAANA encourages a thriving online community, although activities will have a North American focus, since the Association is based in the US.
- All AKU Medical College alumni, (MBBS, PGME, UGME) irrespective of geographical location are eligible to become members of AKUAANA. All dues paying members will have full access to the website.
- Alumni resident outside the continental US and Canada will have non-voting guest access to the AKUAANA website and activities. They will be referred to as Guest Members.
- Final AKU Medical College students will have non-voting student member access to the website and AKUAANA activities. They will be referred to as Student Members.
- Residents in Training: $25.00 per annum
- Faculty & Attending Physicians, PGME & UGME graduates: $90.00 per annum
- Fees for the final year of Medical College and the first two years after graduation: $5.00
- Membership fees are per annum and is valid for one calendar year from the date of registration
- Discounted annual membeship fees and lifetime membership fees can be obtained through APPNA. Lifetime alumni membership is only being offered through APPNA. Please visit www.appna.org or contact them by phone. Once you are a member through APPNA, please send an email to with proof of membership and follow Step 2 and 3 below so that access to the member only areas of the website can be granted.
How to become a member:
To become a registered member of AKUAANA, please visit our “Join Now” page and follow a one-time three step registration process.
- Submit/process payment
- Register on Website
- Register on discussion board – this is optional and is currently open to all alumni irrespective of membership status
- Organization of the Annual AKU Alumni Reunion, held in the US in July of every year. This event is part of the APPNA annual summer meeting
- Dissemination of information on the Alumni Association’s current events and activities
- Access to a network of AKU graduates globally via the “members only” directory
- Connect with your classmates once the class pages on the webstite have been established
- Provide assistance / guidance/ mentorship to current students and new graduates in various areas such as:
- electives, clinical placement and residencies, jobs, CME, research projects etc
- temporary / permanent accommodation
- visa issues
- assist new arrivals to the US
- mediation with AKU on your behalf regarding student loans, transcripts etc.
- Staying connected to AKU by being informed on:
- progress/changes at various campuses
- curriculum modifications
- grants and award availability
- opportunities to give back
- AKUAANA members can take advantage of the following benefits when visiting Pakistan. Mention and expand benefits here. When visiting Pakistan, you can become member of the AKU Alumni Association for the ongoing nominal fee. Membership Process and Benefits, AKU Karachi – 2012-2013
The alumni association is actively working on the following:
- Application for a 501(3)c status in the US enabling AKUAANA to write tax refund receipts for donations.
- Provision of an AKUAANA email address via Google Apps.
- Class pages for networking and staying in touch on the website
- Access to online journals via the AKU Library for free or at discounted rates.
- Access to nostalgic memories from the AKU media archives e.g. pictures, year books and video.
- Possible implementation of a Visiting and Faculty Exchange Program.